Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Can the unemployed take vacation?

Last week was very, very busy with family stuff... the new baby nephew and my brother's visit (home from the big TO). So I declared myself "on vacation". Very limited housework, galavanting everyday, no worries about looking for work. It was quite refreshing! This week has been an ease back into the mundane and necessary. On a positive note, a few work opportunities have begun to glimmer on the horizon. I think the ideal would be to find work that starts late August, early September. Could I be so lucky?

Last week was also a birthday for me. I think can say I am now on the border between early-thirties and mid-thirties. If my childhood hopes had turned out the way I planned, I would have a 10 year-old by now. And probably an 8 year-old. And a 6 year-old. I might even be expecting number 4, depending on my negotiation skills. Sometimes your life's destiny cannot be controlled. And, sometimes what you dream of as a child probably isn't meant to be anyway. I can truly say that I love my life and am thankful for all that I have and all that I have experienced. Having only 1 thing really missing from your life is likely a problem that lots of folks wish they had. Ah, nothing like mid-life birthdays to make one reflective!

Hope you're all staying cool this week.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Jeanne!

    It's interesting how those childhood dreams seem to be just that...dreams. Then, when you finally experience what is set out for you on the other path, you realize that you could never have dreamed something so wonderful.

    I love your perspective on having such a wonderful life. I felt the exact same way, just one thing missing. Now, I feel very, very lucky. I count my blessings every day.

    BTW, your nephew is darling. Congratulations Auntie.

    Hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday!!! We'll have to have celebrate after the fact sometime! Meanwhile, enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete