Today, Cory and I celebrate 19 years together. A much happier anniversary than the one we shall celebrate tomorrow ;)
We met in high school and told each other "Together Forever" when we were really too young to know. I'm so glad it came true. Being together for so long, and particularly through those growing up years, has resulted in a rock solid marriage. At least that's what our wonderful friends said in their reference letters to our social worker during our homestudy! I am very conscious of how lucky we are to have each other. I wouldn't trade our relationship or our life together for anything.
The length and strength of our relationship has definitely been a factor in surviving the infertility-turned-into-adoption adventure. But spending so much time waiting together also has it's downside... some days it can make the reality of a few years of waiting for a referral feel like about 17.
But today is not one of those days. Today is just a day to be happy and grateful for my husband.
Happy anniversaries. 19 is quite the accomplishment and it's wonderful! As for today's... well, I salute you as we soldier on.
ReplyDelete