It's New Year's Day, but it feels to me like Thanksgiving. We hosted a most enjoyable New Year's Eve party at our house last night, ringing in the new year with several cherished friends. The house seemed to glow with conversation, laughter, food, drink and general merriment. It was blissful. I find myself today counting "friend blessings"....
A friend whom I've known since childhood when we grew up in the same neighbourhood. Neighbours who have become better friends than we could have ever dreamed of. Friends who share in the same struggles we face, but whose current exciting position in the big line up gives us hope and promise of parenting possibilities. New friends with whom we felt that instant connection and look forward to getting to know much better in the future. A coworker-turned-friend who loves us and supports us like not even family could.
And, friends who came to party and are still here with us at this hour. Sobering up turned into storm stayed as we slept. We're all safe, warm, well fed and very cheerful. It's the party that just keeps going and going and going. We don't expect anyone to be heading out until at least tomorrow.
I've decided that my one resolution this year is to carry this thankfulness for friendship through the whole year. That extends to you blog readers as well. Thanks for reading, thanks for your patience when my posting frequency flatlines, thanks for your comments, and just thanks for making me feel that I always have an outlet for my thoughts.
To all of you, from all of us, Happy New Year! So long 2008 and look out 2009... here we come!!
2009 does seem to hold more promise than 2008 ever did. I'd be hard pressed to think of a better way to spend New Years. Here's to digging out...
ReplyDelete