Our journey to parenthood is in the midst of a change in direction - please fasten your seatbelts and keep your hands inside the vehicle at all times! About a month ago, we made the decision to switch to the Waiting Child program. I can honestly tell you we thought about making this change so many times over the last few years but always hesitated for one reason or another. I don't know if I can explain what led to the change of heart. I can just say that a million little things lined up all at once. And once that happened, things took off at lightening speed! Definitely something we're not accustomed to in the adventure of international adoption.Our status at this moment is that our homestudy amendment is complete and awaiting signature from the Province. This should be done sometime next week, if all goes well. Then, we wait for the next shared list to come out from China. If there is a child on that list that matches the age and medical needs we've requested, we will receive a referral. It seems like such a simple process, but our past experiences make us wary yet hopeful.
We've shared this exciting news with our families and a few select friends, but its not what you would call public knowledge just yet - hence the move to a private blog. I am so looking forward to sharing more of our story as it unfolds. Stay tuned!
I am so happy that you have made this decision for yourselves at your own speed. I may not be right there to cheer along with you, but just know that whatever you need whether a note, a phone call (even in the middle of the night), or a visit when possible I/we will be here for you. Maybe on your next visit over we will have one more person to entertain. We do have a spare bedroom now!
ReplyDeleteLove you
Thank you so much Lorri. You're one of those million pieces that fell together. We realized how many of our friends have happy, wonderful kids who have medical challenges... and we realized how many great role models have been right in front of our eyes all this time!
ReplyDeleteLove ya 2!
My seat belt is fastened. I hope it is a speedy ride. Please do keep us updated. We think of you guys often. Take care, Noella
ReplyDeleteNo one is happier for you than we are! We are looking forward to following along on this journey...many blessings to your family!
ReplyDeleteCarolyn, Marvin and girls
Congratulations!
ReplyDelete