Tuesday, March 16, 2010

What a change in thinking

In my dark moments, I used to despair that our daughter wasn't born yet. I figured she probably wasn't conceived yet. Her birth parents might not have even met yet. Some days I even feared that her birth parents hadn't reached puberty yet!

Now, I spend (way too much of) my time daydreaming that our son is already out there waiting for us. He is born. He is real. I wonder where he is. I wonder how old he is. I wonder what we were doing on the day he was born. How many teeth does he have? What did he have for breakfast today? Did he sleep well last night? Did anyone give him a kiss today? How much longer will we have to wait to see his face?

Please China hurry up! We're missing precious moments!

No comments:

Post a Comment