What more could Daddy ask for than a day that starts with a smile and a hug from your little boy, and ends with him falling asleep in your arms?
Today, Cohen woke up happy! We were so thrilled. Yesterday morning, he was a bit wary of us when he first woke up. Probably had forgotten all about his eventful day before! We went to the hotel restaurant for breakfast again and there was less mess this time around :) Then it was off to the notary office to have our documents finalized. The notary interviewed us and asked us "Are you satisfied with your little boy?" I guess answering DUH would have been the wrong thing to do, right? Ha ha. We answered an enthusiastic YES and signed yet more paperwork before heading to our next stop.
The Teng Wan Pavilion was absolutely beautiful and we took lots of great photos and some video of a music performance. Cohen was enthralled with a beautiful lady playing a traditional Chinese drum. He stopped eating Cheerios (a mere miracle on its own) and folded his hands in his lap, tipped his head to the side and just stared at her the whole piece. It brought tears to my eyes.
Then on to a nice restaurant for lunch with the other families. The food was amazing! We had rice, pork, chicken, cabbage, some green vegetable that looked like a cross between brocolli and spinach, steamed eggs, and dumplings. Cohen ate a bit of everything - even the green veggie which got caught in his teeth and made us crack up laughing when he grinned at us! A question for the parents reading this - is it possible for a kid to explode from eating so much food? He is a bottomless pit! We're just glad he's got a great appetite and we hope he continues to be open to trying new foods. I think we're going to have to pack a full suitcase of food to get through the 13 hour flight home! Of course, what goes in must come out and he rewarded us with another poopy diaper during lunch at the restaurant. Mommy is getting pretty good at changing diapers on the fly!
We then came back to the hotel and had some serious play time. Cohen made Cory's day by saying Dada for the first time today. He only said it once, but it was clear and there was absolutely no doubt he was referring to his Daddy.
I'm happy to say we finally got the formula mixed to Cohen's liking tonight. We tried a few bottles yesterday but he only sipped a little and didn't seem happy with the results. After some "recipe" advice from our adoption agency coordinator, we got it just right. Cohen downed the whole bottle without coming up for air and was sound asleep at the end of it.
So that was our day today. One more full day in Nanchang before we fly back to Beijing on Friday. Tomorrow, we are going to a park and out for another lunch. The hotel delivered strollers to each of our rooms this afternoon to use on our outing to the park. It's only 9:00pm now but this is the latest I've been up this week. Time to join my boys who are already sleeping soundly. Good night, all.
Enjoy your last day in Nanchang and safe travels on Friday. My boys haven't exploded yet and you've seen them eat, although there was the odd 'overflow' situation during the early days.
ReplyDeleteHey, hope everything is still going well. I just had to tell you about something Colby said on the way to get Charlie tonight after work. I hear a little voice say "Deenee bing Cohen back". I think that was his way of saying "hurry up and come home"!! Did you get to see the pictures of Mom and Dad on the computer - pretty cute, eh? One week to go...
ReplyDeleteLove you all
I am so thrilled for you both! The pictures are wonderful - such an adorable boy! Thank you for the updates. I wish you continued joy and safe travels.
ReplyDeleteI keep reading, and I keep crying! Can't express how happy I am for you guys...the expression 'my heart is full' comes to mind when I think of you and this wonderful journey!
ReplyDeleteYour blogs just keep getting better...your happiness comes right through the computer screen!! I hope you are having another good day today!
ReplyDelete-Afton