We had lots of firsts in our little family of three today!
First meal in a restaurant. I recall Red Sand once used the word "destroyed" when describing a trip to a restaurant with toddlers - I fully understand that now. It looked like a cyclone hit our table. There were Cheerios all over the floor, bits of chewed up pancake on the table, and I somehow had congee on the back of my leg!?!?! The poor waitress who had to clean up after us....
First poopy diaper. Cohen was kind enough to provide 2 today so Mommy and Daddy each had a turn. I think it's fair to say this was a much more significant first for Daddy than Mommy. He did great, even with Mommy laughing herself silly at the expressions on his face. Then Cohen got into the giggling, too. Poor Daddy!
First ride in the ergo baby carrier. This one got mixed reviews. As long as I was moving, Cohen seemed fairly content in the carrier. We went to the grocery store for some diapers and snacks. Every time Cory stopped to look at something on our list, I had to keep walking laps around the aisles to keep Cohen content. Since every label is in Chinese, this took a while! I wish I had been wearing a pedometer.
First time Cohen fell asleep in my arms drinking a bottle. I think that one is self-explanatory. Sigh....
First bath. Holy moly, does this kid love the water!!!! We planned to take it slow in case he was timid, but once he saw the tub we couldn't hold him back. He splashed and shrieked and laughed the whole time. I don't think he even noticed that I washed his hair! And his eyelashes look even longer when they're wet. I can't imagine how he's going to react to the beach.
A few more things we are learning about Cohen. He is great at giving high fives. He even high fives himself when he walks by the mirror. Gotta love that attitude! He likes to sit with his little feet crossed at the ankles. So adorable. He LOVES bananas. He can click his tongue really loudly. He knows how to turn on the TV with a remote. He loves cars, trucks, motorbikes, anything with wheels and/or a horn.
Today we are going to the notary office to have all Cohen's documents notarized, then taking a walking tour of Teng Wan Pavilion (not sure if I spelled that right).... Daddy's turn to wear the ergo. Then it's lunch with the other 2 families and a free afternoon. It is very, very hot here so we will probably just enjoy the air conditioning in our room once we get back from lunch. We have a few more days here in Nanchang, then we head back to Beijing to join up with all the other families. We're looking forward to seeing all the babies!
A special note for Emery - the little shoes that Cohen is wearing in the picture were the ones his orphanage gave him to wear. They're little white sandals with a teddy bear on the toes. His feet are pretty small, so Colby's little brown sandals fit him perfectly. I think you boys are going to have a lot of fun together when we get home. Miss you, sweetie pie.
You have described everything with such detail again. Emery will be so excited to hear the update. He is in bed already so it will have to wait until the morning. It is very hot and humid here as well. Thanks for the update on Cohen's shoes. Emery wanted to know what character was on them and he was sure he had seen them before. Colby loved the Thomas socks the best. Colby said Cohen's name for the first time yesterday! Looking forward to next week. We all love you and miss you so much...
ReplyDeleteHi guys!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that things are going so well, and that your family is finding its groove.
Can't wait to see more pics of your gorgeous boy!