Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Food

I weighed Cohen this week and he's up to almost 24 pounds.  That's a gain of about a pound per month since we got home - a pretty good growth rate!  The big factor in this growth is his amazing appetite and willingness to eat just about anything.  Of all the new foods we've offered to him, he's gobbled up all except less than half a dozen or so items.  Some of the very few things he spits out: the cherries in fruit cocktail, raw tomatoes, and chicken breast (although he will eat chicken if it's ground up... must be the texture).   One of the foods that he ate and loved that surprised me most of all was black olives, probably because I don't like them.  I guess Cohen and Daddy can fight over the olives I pick off my pizza!

I jokingly call Cohen the Condiment Kid.  He thinks that every meal must have something put on it before you eat it :)  He calls all condiments ketchup, which sounds like "de-dup" when he says it... so cute.  This can refer to pancake syrup, salad dressing, sour cream, salsa, whatever is on the table.  The other request that cracks us up is fresh ground pepper.  We have a battery operated peppermill that makes a whirring noise when you use it.  Almost everytime we sit down for a meal, Cohen will ask for pepper by waving his hand over his plate and saying "hmmmmmmm".  We try to encourage his adventurous appetite, so this has meant agreeing to some pretty strange condiment combinations.  Ketchup on a banana, pepper on oatmeal, salad dressing on peas and carrots.  Whatever tickles his tastebuds!

Never mind saving for his education.... I think we need to start  putting money away for the grocery bill when he gets to be a teenager.

2 comments:

  1. That's an awesome post...he sounds like such a card!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Condiment Kid, I love that!
    He's got such a personality.

    ReplyDelete