Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I'm still alive

My dear blog friends, I apologize for the neglect you've suffered in the past month! I took on a new work contract in January and my 9-5 has been just crazy. Between the learning curve and the realization that this new role will be stress-filled and very fast-paced, I haven't had much desire or energy to look at a computer when I get home from work. The positives? Fantastic work experience and skills to add to my resume, a sincere welcome from new colleagues that are so happy to just have someone to help with all the work, opportunities for longer-term employment than my previous contract, and this project has a go-live date of April 1 so the frenzy does have a definitive end in sight.

If it's any consolation, everything else in my personal life has endured it's share of neglect as well. Exercise, house work, cooking, relaxing in front of the TV....replaced by working late, bringing work home with me, or fretting about the work I should be doing. I must say that I would not subject myself to this level of stress for extended periods of time. This is do-able and somewhat almost enjoyable because it is not forever.

I'm happy to say that today is the first day in over a week that I did not bring any work home (physically or mentally). The dishes are washed, TV is ready for Idol, and there is a banana bread in the oven. All in well in my world, even if it's just for today!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are still hanging in there. On the bright side, your first four months of the year (or next 6 weeks) are going to just speed by!

    ReplyDelete