I decided to get some exercise and go for a walk in the sunshine this afternoon. The weather was beautiful, I was feeling great, and I had all the time in the world so I planned to take the longest of my usual walking routes. It's a loop that takes me past the shore and back home. Although loops are my favorite (I would rather not turn around and walk back past places I've just seen) I've only walked it a few times before because it's quite far.
So today, I was over 3/4 of the way around the loop and starting to get tired and looking forward to getting home. Then I rounded a curve and saw a "Road Closed" sign up ahead. GASP! There is a small section of unpaved road along this route, and today was the day the road crew was scraping it with several large pieces of machinery. So... what to do??? I turned around and started the very long trek back the way I came. Passing stuff I had just seen, feet aching, exhausted. I tried to focus on the gorgeous sunshine and just taking my time. And I tried not to feel like a big out-of-shape loser for struggling to complete a walk. On the positive side, it renewed my commitment to exercising more so a long walk won't be something to blog about in the future.
I do think this post is quite appropriate after my unintentionally long absence from blogging. You shall hear from me much more now as I am unemployed (more about that in another post). Too busy to blog won't be my excuse anymore.
Well, you can just walk right on down to my house! Hope all is well with you, maybe I'll see you Thursday:)
ReplyDelete