Truthfully, not much at all. I thought I should poke my head up at least momentarily to check in with everyone out there in blog-world but I don't have anything inspiring or news worthy to share. I'm spending my worry efforts these days wondering if my contract is going to be extended at work. It seemed to be a sure thing when I started back in September, but we all know that the financial situation in the world (even here in little old PEI) has changed a lot in six months. If they're not able to extend it, I'll be pounding the frozen pavement again in three short weeks. All crossed fingers on that front are greatly appreciated!
As for the adoption wait, my latest coping strategy is a distraction that might surprise you. Video games. Yup, I'm a grown woman with a university education, rushing home from my government job to play Mar.io-K.art. I've discovered the pleasure of unlocking hidden features in a video game... it really appeals to my organized productivity-craving mind. It's like a flashy interactive to-do list. And it's light and fluffy. For now, it's a happy carefree place to spend a little bit of the wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment