Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ladybug sightings

Some people believe that ladybugs are a sign of good luck in the world of China adoption. Others think they're just cute little bugs. Believe what you will, but we had two pretty amazing ladybug sightings that coincided with receiving our referral for Cohen.

Cory had a meeting at the university. When he arrived, the person he was meeting with came out of her office with a sheet of paper with a ladybug crawling on it. She said "I have no idea where this ladybug came from but I'm just going to set her free outside".

The next day, we got the call that Cohen was waiting for us.

Two days later, we visited my parents to share the happy news and show them Cohen's picture. They had been saving for me a little wooden rocking chair that was mine when I was a kid. Mom went to get it out of the attic and it was quite dusty so she gave me a dust rag to clean if off. While I was cleaning it off, a ladybug fell from the underside of the arm onto the seat of the chair.

Two ladybug sightings, one on either side of receiving our referral, all in the month of March (not your typical ladybug season!). I'm going to call that very good luck.

1 comment: