Sunday, June 13, 2010

Kitty cat idiosyncracies

Indulge me for a moment while I yammer about my cats. I probably won't be posting much about then once Cohen is here and they deserve their few minutes of recognition every once in a while.

Have I ever mentioned that Smokey is terrified of mosquitoes? It is truly bizarre. He will chase down and eat houseflies (I've seen him jump up and catch them mid-air between his paws like Karate Kid) and just about any other flying insect that gets into the house. But there is something about mosquitoes that literally gives him the heebie-jeebies. We had one in the kitchen a few days ago - first one I've seen this year - and it was flying around and around catching Smokey's attention. He watched and stalked it until it landed on the wall, then he headed over to get a closer look. When he got close to it, the fur on his back started to twitch, his tail flicked, and he jumped straight up in the air and tore off down the stairs like the Boogie Man was chasing him. It was hilarious! I don't know why he's so scared of them... but it sure is fun to watch his reaction.

Bear likes to walk around the house with something in his mouth making these gawd-awful yodeling type sounds. Usually it's teddy bears or shoes. Last night, it was an empty root beer can that he crushed enough to get his mouth around. Could this be the cat equivalent to a tough guy crushing a beer can on his forehead?

I wonder what Cohen will think if these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment