Saturday, June 12, 2010

One month

One month from today, we will meet our son. I don't think "unbelievable" or "amazing" really cut it here. I still feel a bit numb about it all. I think it's my mind's way of protecting me from getting overwhelmed. I am getting the occasional pang of anxiety in my stomach (every time I see a plane in the sky) but mostly I am experiencing little bursts of joy at unexpected moments.

What amazes me more than the fact that we only have one month left to wait is to look back and realize we've only known about Cohen for about two and a half months. It feels like he's been in our hearts forever. When I think of all we've done in those months, all the conversations we've had, all the congratulatory hugs, all the things we've bought (hello Mr. Mastercard!!), all the changes in our home.... it leaves me breathless.

There are still things to do before we head to China, but the remaining tasks will only help the month pass very quickly. At what point will the real panic set in? ;)

3 comments:

  1. At what point? There were many points for me, and in response to many different things. The biggest was when everyone left our room and it was just the four of us for the first time. The main thing is to breath through them and just focus on pushing through.

    I love that we're at less than one month for you at this point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we're so excited for you guys!! On the way to the government office, I had a racing heart but it was all much more calm than I had imagined. Yes, there are crying babies (including our own) and first time parents (including us) uncertain about what to do but the happiness in my heart took over. Enjoy every moment! THIS IS SO EXCITING ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that last month...the anticipation, the end in sight, the busyness of getting everything ready for the one I had been dreaming about! Both times we left the hotel to go to the gov't office my heart was beating out of my chest. It was the most thrilling and panicky moment ever. You see, when I was giving birth, I wasn't actually in my right mind (from the pain - no meds) so I couldn't process a whole lot but with my adoptions, I wasn't in pain, had full use of my brain (well, as much as usual I guess) so I was able to feel so much more as I waited to hold Alyssa and Evan. It is the most incredible feeling/moment you will ever experience.

    So happy for you,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete