T'was the night before Cohen's birthday and the house is quiet. I need to take a moment to reflect on what's been in my heart and on my mind this past week. Although there has been so much excitement and joy preparing for his birthday celebrations, there has also been a lot of sad moments for me, thinking about Cohen's birthparents. I wonder if they're thinking about him now and remembering the day he was born. As we celebrate, are they missing him?
My hope is that they know somehow that he is healthy, happy, and absolutely adored by his family and friends. I hope they know that we honour their courage and the decision they made for him. I know in my heart that Cohen's beautiful personality and disposition are in part a reflection of his birthparents - they have given him many gifts and gave us the most wondrous gift of all.
Happy Birthday Cowen!
ReplyDeleteAnd Jeanne, I am 100% certain, his mother thought of him on his birthday.
Happy Birthday Sweet Little Cohen!!
ReplyDeleteJeanne, your post brought tears to my eyes...how lucky Cohen is to have you both show him all there is to a great life!! I have no doubt that they know...and you both have given them the best gift too...knowing he is going to have all life has to offer and more love than a little boy could ask for!
Happy Holidays to your MacDougall family from ours..
Daphne